The DVC® REM (DVC® Rack Environmental Monitoring system) has been designed to automatically monitor 24/7 some important environmental parameters directly collected from the animal rooms (at DVC® Rack level). It intuitively correlates animal activity with environmental parameters for an easier research interpretation, to enhance reproducibility of results.
Detected environmental parameters are:
- TEMPERATURE: as a continuous measurement
- RELATIVE HUMIDITY: as a continuous measurement
- NOISE: as a continuous measurement
- LIGHT: light/dark phases detection
- VIBRATION: event triggered by minimum threshold detection
- HUMAN PRESENCE: event triggered by human presence detection
Main benefits are:
- 24/7 room environmental parameters monitoring helps to keep under control the status of the rooms where DVC® Rack are installed and prevent any possible issue affecting husbandry and research.
- Collecting animal activity data from the DVC® system and complementing with correlated environmental conditions provide a unique and robust approach to step forward research reproducibility and better interpret possible unexpected animal activity related results