International Digital Vivarium Forum
Digital Home Cage solutions have the potential to greatly enhance various research domains, exerting a positive influence on facility-wide operations and significantly contributing to the improvement of animal welfare.
The 3rd edition of the Digital Vivarium Forum (DVF) has a primary objective: to provide a comprehensive overview of the manifold benefits derived from the integration of digital home cage solutions within vivariums. This integration is poised to propel the pre-clinical industry into a new and advanced phase.
Spanning across three thematic days, the DVF will convene a panel of distinguished speakers who will share their extensive experiences from the field. They will provide compelling evidence showcasing how research, husbandry and welfare management can be substantially enriched through the adoption of digital solutions. This collective exploration will yield a comprehensive understanding of the advantages of digital home cage solutions, their implementation strategies, and the emerging frontiers they unlock.
The symposium's agenda encompasses a dynamic blend of keynote presentations and interactive sessions. These sessions will delve into scientific intricacies while highlighting best practices that are closely related. Furthermore, the event will foster invaluable networking opportunities among Directors, Facility Managers and Researchers, fostering the exchange of knowledge and insights.
By embracing the possibilities offered by digital home cage solutions, the 3rd edition of DVF not only promises to enrich research endeavours but also aims to facilitate a holistic evolution within the industry, underscored by technological innovation and enhanced collaboration.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Directors, Facility Managers, Welfare Officers and Researchers who wish to know more about digital home cage monitoring solutions and related benefits, but also those who have already adopted digital solutions but want to stay updated and have an overview of different approaches and methods.
The symposium offers in-depth scientific presentations by leading global experts, covering the entire spectrum of facility and welfare management, research and scientific trends.
The 3rd Digital Vivarium Forum will start on April 9th 2024, and will finish on April 11th 2024 early afternoon, and it will be divided into three thematic days:
DAY 1: VIVARIUM BENEFITS
- Digitalization enhances efficiency: impacts on saving resources, time and supplies.
- The importance of integrating the HCM (Home Cage Monitoring systems) with already existing CMS (Colony Management Systems): practical sessions.
- A revolutionary tool to improve breeding management.
DAY 2: ANIMAL WELFARE BENEFITS and SCIENTIFIC DISCOVERIES
- Digitalization improves and complements animal welfare management: the latest validations on fighting, stereotypic behaviours and more.
- Novel discoveries from scientists on neuroscience, metabolic and chronobiology studies.
- Discussion on scientific trends.
DAY 3: SCIENTIFIC DISCOVERIES and NEW INNOVATIVE DEVELOPMENTS
- Novel discoveries from scientists on ageing, phenotyping and toxicology studies.
- New digital developments and preliminary results.
- Final wrap up
WATCH THE PREVIOUS DVFs
1st DIGITAL VIVARIUM FORUM - 2019
- Watch video
- Request Presentations
2nd DIGITAL VIVARIUM FORUM - 2022
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: March 6th , 2024
This Symposium is limited to a maximum of 80 participants * to foster interactions and networking.
- EARLY REGISTRATION until January 15th 2024:
- All 3 days: 990€ - $1,045
- Only day 2 and day 3: 780€ - $825
- STANDARD REGISTRATION from January 16th 2024 onwards:
- All 3 days: 1.200€ - $1,265
- Only day 2 and day 3: 990€ - $1,045
The Registration Fees includes:
- Participation in the Scientific Program – “All 3 days” or “Day 2 and Day 3” options
- Hotel accommodation (w/breakfast + local tax) – check-in April 8th 2024 for “All 3 days” and 9th April for “Day 2 and Day 3” option - check out April 11th
All meals for the duration of the Symposium including the «Gala Dinner»
- All internal transfers for the duration of the Symposium:
- Milano Malpensa Airport <-> Hotel/Congress Center
- Hotel <-> Congress Center
- Congress Center -> Gala Dinner -> Hotel
- Congress Center -> Milano Malpensa Airport at the end of the event
- The suggested airport is Malpensa (MXP). Any other airport is not covered by our shuttles, and the transfer by taxi is not included in the fee.
- ARRIVALS are strongly suggested on Monday 8th April by 4 pm for inclusion in the shuttle pick-up plans for transfers from the Airport to the Hotel. Free dinner.
- DEPARTURES are to be planned on April 11th from 6 pm. A shuttle will depart from Tecniplast at 3:15 pm to MPX airport (45 minutes to arrive at MXP).
Upon completion of the online registration process, you will be contacted at the email address provided to finalize the payment.
Online registration does not guarantee participation in the event, the registration will be confirmed by email by Tecniplast upon receipt of payment.
- REFUND POLICY:
Registrations cancelled before 1st February 2024 will be refunded 50% of the registration fee paid; cancellations received as of 2nd February 2024 and no-shows will not be refunded. All cancellations must be sent in writing to the Secretariat at email@example.com
- SUBSTITUTION POLICY:
Those people registered and later unable to attend the Symposium may use the fees already paid to send someone in their place. Written notification must be sent to the Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 1st 2024.
For any additional requests/info please contact email@example.com
From the congress center, in 15 mins by car you can easily reach Varese, the garden city.
The characteristic appellation garden city derives from the numerous parks and gardens found within the municipality, mostly belonging to villas built there between the 18th century and the beginning of the 20th century.
- Milan – 1h by car or train from Varese ( ) Discover Milan
- Como – 45 min by car or 1h by train from Varese
- Venice – 2.5h by train from Milan
- Florence – 2 h by train from Milan